May 1, 2006
Excerpts: 100 Bullshit Jobs by Stanley Bing
Stanley Bing returns with his latest treatise on corporate life with 100 Bullshit Jobs...And How to Get Them. As the book description says:
Stanley Bing enters the field with a comprehensive look at the many attractive jobs now available to those who are serious about their bullshit and prepared to dedicate their working life to it.
What, Bing inquires, do a feng shui consultant, new media executive, wine steward, department store greeter, and Vice President of the United States have in common? What, too, are the actual duties performed by a McKinsey consultant? Other than sitting around making people nervous? Could that possibly be his core function? Likewise, what does an aromatherapist actually do, per se? Sniff things and rub them on people, for big fragrant bucks? Is that all?
The answer in all cases is "Yes." They all have bullshit jobs.
Below you will find two of the 100 jobs from the book#27 Consultant and #49 Human Billboard (don't miss the link at the bottom):
- Pop over to inBubbleWrap.com for your chance to win a free copy of 100 Bullshit Jobs--it will be the featured book on May 2nd.
- Buy 100 Bullshit Jobs at 800ceoread.com
- Buy one of Bing's other books - What Would Machiavelli Do?, Throwing the Elephant, and Sun Tzu Was a Sissy.
- The Official Web Page of Stanley Bing
- Stanley Bing's last three columns from Fortune
- April 17, 2006 - Richard Cory (with apologies to Edwin Arlington Robinson)
- April 3, 2006 - The Joy of Severance
- March 20, 2006 - The Upside of Anger