December 12, 2006
Jack Covert Selects: Amazon's Top Ten Business Books for 2006
Here is editors' list from Amazon for the best business books of 2006.
- The Long Tail by Chris Anderson*
- Making Globalization Work by Joesph Stiglitz
- Success Built To Last by Porras, et al.*
- The Starfish and The Spider by Ori Brafman and Rod Beckstrom*
- Knowledge and The Wealth of Nations by David Warsh
- Origin of Wealth by Eric Beinhocker
- Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Gilbert*
- Mavericks at Work by Bill Taylor and Polly LaBarre*
- Changing Minds by Howard Gardner
- Setting The Table by Danny Meyer*
*Six of these books were also chosen as Jack Covert Selects in 2006.
About Dylan Schleicher
Dylan Schleicher has been a part of the 800-CEO-READ claque since 2003. Even though he's stayed on at the company, he has not stayed put. After beginning in shipping & receiving, he joined customer service and accounting before moving into his current, highly elliptical orbit of duties overseeing the ChangeThis and In the Books websites, the company's annual review of books and in-house design. He lives with his wife and two children in the Washington Heights neighborhood on Milwaukee's West Side.