June 8, 2007
News & Opinion: 2007 Quill Nominees
Eligible titles for the 2007 Quill Awards were those published between July 1, 2006 and June 30, 2007. Nominees were chosen by the Quills/PW Selection Committee, comprised of Publishers Weekly editors, who drew upon industry expertise, PW starred reviews and PW Bestseller Lists to nominate five books in each of the Quills 18 categories. The PW staff's unique overview of the thousands of titles published each year helped to insure that nominated titles share the Quills' commitment to bring today's leading literature to the reading public.
Runners in the business world are:
- Small Is the New Big: and 183 Other Riffs, Rants, and Remarkable Business Ideas
Seth Godin; Portfolio
- Women & Money: Owning the Power to Control Your Destiny
Suze Orman; Random House/Spiegel & Grau
- The No Asshole Rule: Building a Civilized Workplace and Surviving One That Isn't
Robert I. Sutton; Warner Business Books
- Send: The Essential Guide to Email for Office and Home
David Shipley and Will Schwalbe; Alfred A. Knopf
- Chocolates on the Pillow Aren't Enough: Reinventing the Customer Experience
Jonathan M. Tisch, Karl Weber; John Wiley & Sons
About Dylan Schleicher
Dylan Schleicher has been a part of the 800-CEO-READ claque since 2003. Even though he's stayed on at the company, he has not stayed put. After beginning in shipping & receiving, he joined customer service and accounting before moving into his current, highly elliptical orbit of duties overseeing the ChangeThis and In the Books websites, the company's annual review of books and in-house design. He lives with his wife and two children in the Washington Heights neighborhood on Milwaukee's West Side.