April 15, 2005
News & Opinion: Aloha Recommended Reading
It wanted to thank Rosa for coming by yesterday. In her book Managing with Aloha, she ends with a list of books she recommends you read. So, here are some more ideas for your reading list:
- Ku Kanaka, Stand Tall, A Search for Hawaiian Values by George Hueu Sanford Kanahele, University of Hawaii Press, 1986.
- Nana i ke kumu, Look to the Source, Volume I and Volume II, by Mary Kawena Pukui, E.W. Haertig, M.D. and Catherine A. Lee, Queen Liliuokalani Childrens Center, 1972
- Voices of Wisdom, Hawaiian Elders Speak by M.J. Harden, Aka Press 1999.
- First, Break all the Rules, What the Worlds Greatest Managers Do Differently by Marcus Buckingham and Curt Coffman, Simon & Schuster 1999.
- Soar with your Strengths by Donald O. Clifton and Paula Nelson, Dell Publishing, 1996.
- Love is the Killer App, How to Win Business and Influence Friends by Tim Sanders, Crown Business New York, 2002.
- Raving Fans, A Revolutionary Approach to Customer Service by Ken Blanchard and Sheldon Bowles, William Morrow and Company, Inc., 1993.
- The One Minute Manager Meets the Monkey by Kenneth Blanchard, William Oncken, Jr. and Hal Burrows, William Morrow and Company, Inc., 1989.
- The Leadership Engine, How Winning Companies Build Leaders at Every Level by Noel M. Tichy with Eli Cohen, Harper Business Publications, 2001.
- The Little Book of Business Wisdom, Rules of Success from more than 50 Business Legends edited by Peter Krass, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2001.
- Living the 7 Habits, The Courage to Change by Stephen R. Covey, Simon & Schuster, 2000.