April 15, 2005
News & Opinion: Aloha Recommended Reading
- Ku Kanaka, Stand Tall, A Search for Hawaiian Values by George Hueu Sanford Kanahele, University of Hawaii Press, 1986.
- Nana i ke kumu, Look to the Source, Volume I and Volume II, by Mary Kawena Pukui, E.W. Haertig, M.D. and Catherine A. Lee, Queen Liliuokalani Childrens Center, 1972
- Voices of Wisdom, Hawaiian Elders Speak by M.J. Harden, Aka Press 1999.
- First, Break all the Rules, What the Worlds Greatest Managers Do Differently by Marcus Buckingham and Curt Coffman, Simon & Schuster 1999.
- Soar with your Strengths by Donald O. Clifton and Paula Nelson, Dell Publishing, 1996.
- Love is the Killer App, How to Win Business and Influence Friends by Tim Sanders, Crown Business New York, 2002.
- Raving Fans, A Revolutionary Approach to Customer Service by Ken Blanchard and Sheldon Bowles, William Morrow and Company, Inc., 1993.
- The One Minute Manager Meets the Monkey by Kenneth Blanchard, William Oncken, Jr. and Hal Burrows, William Morrow and Company, Inc., 1989.
- The Leadership Engine, How Winning Companies Build Leaders at Every Level by Noel M. Tichy with Eli Cohen, Harper Business Publications, 2001.
- The Little Book of Business Wisdom, Rules of Success from more than 50 Business Legends edited by Peter Krass, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2001.
- Living the 7 Habits, The Courage to Change by Stephen R. Covey, Simon & Schuster, 2000.
About Dylan Schleicher
Dylan Schleicher has been a part of the 800-CEO-READ claque since 2003. Even though he's stayed on at the company, he has not stayed put. After beginning in shipping & receiving, he joined customer service and accounting before moving into his current, highly elliptical orbit of duties overseeing the ChangeThis and In the Books websites, the company's annual review of books and in-house design. He lives with his wife and two children in the Washington Heights neighborhood on Milwaukee's West Side.