November 11, 2004
News & Opinion: Amazon Names Their Top Biz Books for 2004
Our reader Dmitri left a comment this morning telling us that Amazon's editors chose The Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid as their top pick for 2004.
Here is the entire list:
- The Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid by C.K. Parhalad
- The Misbehavior of Markets by Benoit Mandelbrot and Richard L. Hudson
- Confronting Reality by Larry Bossidy and Ram Charan
- Lovemarks by Kevin Roberts
- First In, Last Out: Leadership Lessons from the New York Fire Department by John Salka andBarret Neville
- The 8th Habit by Stephen Covey
- Seeing What's Next by Clayton Christensen
- Strategy Maps by Robert Kaplan and David Norton
- Gurus, Hired Guns, and Warm Bodies by Stephen R. Barley and Gideon Kunda
- The Medici Effect by Frans Johansson
We will publish our Best of 2004 list next month.
About Dylan Schleicher
Dylan Schleicher has been a part of the 800-CEO-READ claque since 2003. Even though he's stayed on at the company, he has not stayed put. After beginning in shipping & receiving, he joined customer service and accounting before moving into his current, highly elliptical orbit of duties overseeing the ChangeThis and In the Books websites, the company's annual review of books and in-house design. He lives with his wife and two children in the Washington Heights neighborhood on Milwaukee's West Side.