August 8, 2008
News & Opinion: Big Boys of Business Have Books This Fall
Hardy Green at BusinessWeek has a quick piece on their website about big names with business books in the fall.
- Call Me Ted by Ted Turner was the splash at BEA in June, which included a party hosted by Larry King.
- Richard Branson follows Losing My Virginity and Screw It, Let's Do It with Business Stripped Bare.
- There is a new Warren Buffet book called The Snowball written by Alice Schroeder, who got a $7 million advance for the book.
- T. Boone Pickens' The First Billion Is The Hardest arrives as he promotes his plan for how the U.S. can become energy independent, an idea reflected in the subtitle: Reflections on a Life of Comebacks and America's Energy Future.
- Historian Steven Watts delivers a Hugh Hefner biography, titled Mr. Playboy.