August 8, 2008
News & Opinion: Big Boys of Business Have Books This Fall
Hardy Green at BusinessWeek has a quick piece on their website about big names with business books in the fall.
- Call Me Ted by Ted Turner was the splash at BEA in June, which included a party hosted by Larry King.
- Richard Branson follows Losing My Virginity and Screw It, Let's Do It with Business Stripped Bare.
- There is a new Warren Buffet book called The Snowball written by Alice Schroeder, who got a $7 million advance for the book.
- T. Boone Pickens' The First Billion Is The Hardest arrives as he promotes his plan for how the U.S. can become energy independent, an idea reflected in the subtitle: Reflections on a Life of Comebacks and America's Energy Future.
- Historian Steven Watts delivers a Hugh Hefner biography, titled Mr. Playboy.
About Dylan Schleicher
Dylan Schleicher has been a part of the 800-CEO-READ claque since 2003. Even though he's stayed on at the company, he has not stayed put. After beginning in shipping & receiving, he joined customer service and accounting before moving into his current, highly elliptical orbit of duties overseeing the ChangeThis and In the Books websites, the company's annual review of books and in-house design. He lives with his wife and two children in the Washington Heights neighborhood on Milwaukee's West Side.