May 4, 2004
News & Opinion: Biz Media - FC and Inc., May
- There is an interview with Erik Weihenmayer, author of Touch the Top of the World (p40).
- There is a review of book/movie The Corporation by Joel Bakan (p46). We talked about the book a couple of weeks ago.
- The Readers' Choice selection for May is Steve Farber's The Radical Leap: A Personal Lesson in Extreme Leadership (p102). Farber is visiting FC Now this week as a guest host.
- The July Nominees for Readers' Choice (p102):
- A Bias for Action: How Effective Managers Harness Their Willpower to Achieve Results by Heike Bruch and Sumantra Ghoshal
- The Birth of Plenty: How the Prosperity of the Modern World Was Created by William Bernstein
- The 5 Paths to Persuasion: How to Sell to America's Toughest Executives by Robert B. Miller and Gary A. Williams with Alden Hayashi
- On Paradise Drive: How We Choose to Live in a Rosier Future by David Brooks
- Wordcraft: The Art of Turning Little Words into Big Business by Alex Frankel
About Dylan Schleicher
Dylan Schleicher has been a part of the 800-CEO-READ claque since 2003. Even though he's stayed on at the company, he has not stayed put. After beginning in shipping & receiving, he joined customer service and accounting before moving into his current, highly elliptical orbit of duties overseeing the ChangeThis and In the Books websites, the company's annual review of books and in-house design. He lives with his wife and two children in the Washington Heights neighborhood on Milwaukee's West Side.