April 8, 2005
News & Opinion: Dan Hill Interview
Yesterday, I interviewed Dan Hill, author of Body of Truth: Leveraging What Consumers Can't or Won't Say.
We talk about the inner workings of the brain, Blink (yes again), and the power of story.
mp3, 31:31, 14.4MB
Here are links to the addition books Dan recommends:
- Emotions Revealed: Recognizing Faces and Feelings to Improve Communication and Emotional Life by Paul Ekman (Times, 2003)
- Telling Lies: Clues to Deceit in the Marketplace, Politics, and Marriage by Paul Ekman (W.W. Norton, 2001)
- The Expression of the Emotions in Man and Animals by Charles Darwin (Oxford Press, 2002)
- The Emotional Brain: The Mysterious Underpinnings Of Emotional Life by Joseph Ledoux (Simon & Schuster, 1998)
- Descartes' Error: Emotion, Reason, and the Human Brain by Antonio Damasio (HarperCollins, 1995)
About Dylan Schleicher
Dylan Schleicher has been a part of the 800-CEO-READ claque since 2003. Even though he's stayed on at the company, he has not stayed put. After beginning in shipping & receiving, he joined customer service and accounting before moving into his current, highly elliptical orbit of duties overseeing the ChangeThis and In the Books websites, the company's annual review of books and in-house design. He lives with his wife and two children in the Washington Heights neighborhood on Milwaukee's West Side.