March 21, 2006
News & Opinion: Donna Fenn/Alpha Dogs Interview
In the latest 800-CEO-READ podcast, I talked with Donna Fenn, author of Alpha Dogs: How Your Small Business Can Become a Leader of the Pack. Donna has been a longtime writer for Inc. Magazine. We cover a lot of ground in the interview including the obvious "What is an Alpha Dog?" and "Why doesn't small business get more love from the press?" We also spent some time talking about the companies she highlights in the book.
mp3, 41:30, 28.5MB
I also put together a complete list of the Alpha Dog companies below:
- Zane's Cycles (Branford, CT)
- Dorothy Lane Markets (Dayton, OH)
- Auction Systems Auctioneers and Appraisers (Phoenix, AZ)
- Amy's Ice Cream (Austin, TX)
- Thor-Lo Inc. (Statesville, NC)
- Dancing Deer Baking Company (Boston, MA)
- PR Consultants Group Inc. (Nationwide)
- Mike's Famous Harley-Davidson (DE and CT)
Here are some additional Alpha Dogs Links:
About Dylan Schleicher
Dylan Schleicher has been a part of the 800-CEO-READ claque since 2003. Even though he's stayed on at the company, he has not stayed put. After beginning in shipping & receiving, he joined customer service and accounting before moving into his current, highly elliptical orbit of duties overseeing the ChangeThis and In the Books websites, the company's annual review of books and in-house design. He lives with his wife and two children in the Washington Heights neighborhood on Milwaukee's West Side.