December 17, 2004
News & Opinion: Fast Company's Best of 2004
Fast Company published a best of list on their blog last Friday. This I'll list them back to you in the same Letterman-style that David Lidsky did.
11. Candyfreak by Steve Almond
10. Word Spy by Paul McFedries
9. The Allure of Toxic Leaders by Jean Lipman-Blumen
8. Why People Buy Things They Don't Need by Pamela Danziger
7. Free Prize Inside by Seth Godin
6. Call of the Mall by Paco Underhill
5. The Wisdom of Crowds by James Surowiecki
4. Unstuck by Keith Yamashita
3. Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow
2. Managers Not MBAs by Henry Mintzberg
1. The Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid by C.K. Prahalad
About Dylan Schleicher
Dylan Schleicher has been a part of the 800-CEO-READ claque since 2003. Even though he's stayed on at the company, he has not stayed put. After beginning in shipping & receiving, he joined customer service and accounting before moving into his current, highly elliptical orbit of duties overseeing the ChangeThis and In the Books websites, the company's annual review of books and in-house design. He lives with his wife and two children in the Washington Heights neighborhood on Milwaukee's West Side.