December 9, 2004
News & Opinion: Fast Company Book Mentions - Dec. 2004
I expanded my ongoing column on the business books mentioned in Fast Company to include all books. You'll see why.
- In the Fast Talk section, they talk with Asya Muchnick, editor of Little, Brown.
- There is a feature article by Sylvia Nasar, author of A Beautiful Mind. It is titled What Makes Beautiful Minds - "Some forms of creative genius seem unfathomable. But that doesn't mean we can't learn from them."
- Human Resource Champions by David David Ulrich is the Can't Go alternative to the Human Resource Executive Program held at University of Michigan.
- This month's Readers' Choice is Clued-In by Lewis Carbone. You can read Charles Decker's review and an excerpt from the book.
- Nominees for February include:
- Blink by Malcolm Galdwell
- Hardball by George Stalk and Rob Lachenauer
- Nation of Rebels by Joseph Heath and Andrew Potter
- Survival of Savvy by Rick Brandon and Marty Seldman
- Time Off for Good Behavior by Mary Lou Quinlan