December 9, 2004
News & Opinion: Fast Company Book Mentions - Dec. 2004
- In the Fast Talk section, they talk with Asya Muchnick, editor of Little, Brown.
- There is a feature article by Sylvia Nasar, author of A Beautiful Mind. It is titled What Makes Beautiful Minds - "Some forms of creative genius seem unfathomable. But that doesn't mean we can't learn from them."
- Human Resource Champions by David David Ulrich is the Can't Go alternative to the Human Resource Executive Program held at University of Michigan.
- This month's Readers' Choice is Clued-In by Lewis Carbone. You can read Charles Decker's review and an excerpt from the book.
- Nominees for February include:
- Blink by Malcolm Galdwell
- Hardball by George Stalk and Rob Lachenauer
- Nation of Rebels by Joseph Heath and Andrew Potter
- Survival of Savvy by Rick Brandon and Marty Seldman
- Time Off for Good Behavior by Mary Lou Quinlan
About Dylan Schleicher
Dylan Schleicher has been a part of the 800-CEO-READ claque since 2003. Even though he's stayed on at the company, he has not stayed put. After beginning in shipping & receiving, he joined customer service and accounting before moving into his current, highly elliptical orbit of duties overseeing the ChangeThis and In the Books websites, the company's annual review of books and in-house design. He lives with his wife and two children in the Washington Heights neighborhood on Milwaukee's West Side.