January 27, 2006
News & Opinion: Forbes' Best Business Books of 2005
By: 800-CEO-READ @ 2:58 PM – Filed under: Current Events & Public Affairs, Personal Development & Human Behavior
I thought we had seen all of the lists for 2005, but Forbes published their selections on Tuesday.
To determine the very best of the crop, we polled a dozen writers, editors and publishers from Forbes. Thirty-three books were nominated, which we then winnowed down to the five very best, with the help of the editors of Forbes magazine and Forbes.com. We did not attempt rank the top five--all of them are excellent in completely different ways. Try these tomes, and you'll be all caught up on your 2005 business reading.
Their selections are:
- The Battle For The Soul of Capitalism by Jon Bogle
- Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
- Disneywar by James Stewart
- The Moral Consequences of Economic Growth by Benjamin Friedman
- The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman
Hat Tip: BizBook Nuggets