September 20, 2005
News & Opinion: FT/Goldman Sachs Business Book Award Finalists
This morning, they announced the finalists for The Financial Times and Goldman Sachs Business Book of The Year Award.
The finalists are:
- The Search: How Google and Its Rivals Rewrote The Rules of Business and Transformed Our Culture by John Battelle (Portfolio)
- The World Is Flat: A Brief History of the Globalized World in the 21st Century by Thomas Friedman (Farrar, Straus, and Giroux)
- Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner (William Morrow)
- Fast Second: How Smart Companies Bypass Radical Innovation to Enter and Dominate New Markets by Constantinos Markides and Paul Geroski (Jossey Bass)
- The Travels of a T-Shirt in the Global Economy: An Econonmist Examines the Markets, Power and Politics of World Trade by Pietra Rivoli (Wiley)
- DisneyWar: Battle for the Magic Kingdom by James Stewart (Simon & Schuster)
Each finalist receives £5000 (~$9000) and the winner will receive £30000 (~$54,000). The overall winner will be announced Monday, November 21st.