October 31, 2005
News & Opinion: Halloween Business Books
We want to wish everyone at Happy Halloween.
We thought it would be fun to a list of books to consider on this harrowing holiday:
- Twilight In The Desert: The Coming Saudi Oil Shock and the World Economy by Jim Keene
- Monster Careers: How To Land the Job of Your Life by Jeff Taylor
- A Ghost's Memoir: The Making of Alfred P. Sloan's My Years with General Motors by John McDonald
- Devils on the Deep Blue Sea : The Dreams, Schemes and Showdowns That Built America's Cruise-Ship Empires by Kristoffer Garin
- The Emperors of Chocolate: The Inside World of Hershey and Mars by Joel Glenn Brenner
- The Witch Doctors: What The Management Gurus are Saying And What It Means For You, Your Company, And Your Career by John Micklethwait and Adrian Woolridge (this one is out of print, but you can find it used at Amazon)
About Dylan Schleicher
Dylan Schleicher has been a part of the 800-CEO-READ claque since 2003. Even though he's stayed on at the company, he has not stayed put. After beginning in shipping & receiving, he joined customer service and accounting before moving into his current, highly elliptical orbit of duties overseeing the ChangeThis and In the Books websites, the company's annual review of books and in-house design. He lives with his wife and two children in the Washington Heights neighborhood on Milwaukee's West Side.