November 18, 2008
News & Opinion: Hudson Booksellers Best Books of 2008
- Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions by Dan Ariely, HarperCollins
- Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell, Little Brown and Company
- Simplexity: Why Simple Things Become Complex (and How Complex Things Can Be Made Simple) by Jeffrey Kluger, Hyperion Books
- Earth: The Sequel: The Race to Reinvent Energy and Stop Global Warming by Fred Krupp & Miriam Horn, W.W. Norton & Company
- The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life by Alice Schroeder, Bantam
Beginning Dec. 1, customers can log onto the Hudson Group website to vote for their own favorite titles of 2008. All entrants will be eligible to win all 30 Hudson 's Best titles! Visit www.hudsongroup.com (after Dec. 1) for more details.David Sedaris's When You Are Engulfed in Flames was this year's overall winner. You can find the entire list here.
About Dylan Schleicher
Dylan Schleicher has been a part of the 800-CEO-READ claque since 2003. Even though he's stayed on at the company, he has not stayed put. After beginning in shipping & receiving, he joined customer service and accounting before moving into his current, highly elliptical orbit of duties overseeing the ChangeThis and In the Books websites, the company's annual review of books and in-house design. He lives with his wife and two children in the Washington Heights neighborhood on Milwaukee's West Side.