March 1, 2006
News & Opinion: Kevin Maney's Thursday CEO Book Group
Kevin Maney writes about technology for USA Today and keeping a blog on their website. One of his regular blog features is to ask a technology company CEO to recommend two books: one old, one new.
Here are some of the recent CEOs on their books:
- Garry Betty, CEO of Earthlink - The Regis Touch by Regis McKenna and The Paradox of Excellence: How Great Performance Can Kill Your Business, by David Mosby and MIchael Weissman.
- Mark Templeton, CEO of Citrix Systems - The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams and The Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni
- John Mordmark, CEO of EBags - Nuts! Southwest Airlines Crazy Recipe for Business and Personal Success by Kevin Freiberg and Jackie Freiberg and Megatrends 2010: The Rise of Conscious Capitalism by Patricia Aburdene
- John Kitsch, CEO of Homestead - Built To Last by Jim Collins and Raising the Bar by Gary Erickson
- Alexandra Johnson, managing director of Landbridge Capital - The Soul of a New Machine by Tracy Kidder and Weird Ideas That Work by Robert Sutton