October 18, 2006
News & Opinion: Learn from Nine Minds on Marketing
Theres a lot going on in your world, certainly. But being knowledgeable about marketing is important to every position in the company. Heres a chance to get your hands on what nine marketing thought leaders are writing about. Monday we featured it as a Bosss Day gift and today I want to suggest it as a personal learning tool.
We worked with Andrea Learned, co-author of Dont Think Pink: What Really Makes Women Buyand How to Increase Your Share of the Market, to develop this e-book. For the project, Andrea read nine recent marketing books recommended by the brain trust here at 8CR, interviewed the author(s), and wrote nine essays. She did this so you can have an inside look into the latest marketing trends.
The authors and books featured in the essays are:
My sales pitch to you: Its only $8.95 (cheaper than the nine books, even used). Time: Itll take you an hour to read, tops. Print it off or save it on your laptop for your next plane trip. Heres a bit of what youll find.
- The Story Factor: Inspiration, Influence, and Persuasion through the Art of Storytelling
by Annette Simmons
- Treasure Hunt: Inside the Mind of the New Customer
by Michael J. Silverstein
- Emotional Design: Why We Love (or Hate) Everyday Things
by Donald A. Norman
- The Experience Economy: Work is Theatre & Every Business is a Stage
by B. Joseph Pine and James H. Gilmore
- The Trendmasters Guide: Get a Jump on What Your Customer Wants Next
by Robyn Waters
- The Marketing Playbook: Five Battle-Tested Plays for Capturing and Keeping the Lead in Any Market
by John Zagula
- Juicing the Orange: How to Turn Creativity into a Powerful Business Advantage
by Fred Senn
- PyroMarketing: The Four-Step Strategy to Ignite Customer Evangelists and Keep Them for Life
by Greg Stielstra
- Robin Hood Marketing: Stealing Corporate Saavy to Sell Just Causes
by Katya Andresen