April 8, 2009
News & Opinion: Links from Across The Business Book Web
There are a number of cool, quick items to point you to:
- Dan Schawbel's Me 2.0 came out yesterday. You can preview the book at Scribd for the next week or so.
- Joel Comm is offering the first two chapters of his new book Twitter Power for free. You can download it for at http://twitterpower.com/free/.
- For the current economic times, look for a new Dr. Suess book next week called "Suess-isms for Success: Insider Tips on Economic Health from the Good Doctor." I just saw this in USA Today, so when we have a little more info, we'll pass it along.
- The Street.com has a quick rundown of nine new books that writer Marc Kramer says contain "recession-worthy insights." Problem-Solving 101, Unlocking Opportunities for Growth and Hit The Ground Running are among the selections.
- Jay Ehret from The Marketing Spot has a post called Change Your Future (and Fortune) by Reading a Business Book. He talks about different kinds of business books, how to read them, and shares the results from a survey he ran about how people use business books.
About Dylan Schleicher
Dylan Schleicher has been a part of the 800-CEO-READ claque since 2003. Even though he's stayed on at the company, he has not stayed put. After beginning in shipping & receiving, he joined customer service and accounting before moving into his current, highly elliptical orbit of duties overseeing the ChangeThis and In the Books websites, the company's annual review of books and in-house design. He lives with his wife and two children in the Washington Heights neighborhood on Milwaukee's West Side.