February 6, 2006
News & Opinion: Marc Miller/Selling Is Dead Interview
This week, our interview is with Marc Miller, author of Selling Is Dead: Moving Beyond Traditional Sales Roles and Practices To Revitalize Growth. Miller's work is based around the large sale, which is any sale that requires the customer time and consideration before a purchase is made.
This podcast went a little long, but there is alot of good stuff so you are getting the whole thing. Marc and I talk through some of the myth of selling like how you must always be closing and how you must always be cold calling. We also talk about alot of books. You'll see the list below.
mp3, 58:49, 40.4MB
Books that Marc mentions:
- The World Is Flat by Thomas Friedman
- Three Billion Capitalists by Clyde Prestowitz
- The Innovator's Solution by Clayton Christensen
- Crossing the Chasm by Geoffery Moore
- Moneyball by Michael Lewis
- Spin Selling by Neil Rackham
- Good To Great by Jim Collins