November 8, 2004
News & Opinion: New Feature
- We post an audio file on the Podcasts Blog.
- You install podcasting software like iPodder or iPodderX.
- You subscribe to the RSS feed.
- The podcasting software reads new entries and downloads the audio files.
- The podcasting software moves the files over to your computer's media player.
- You download the files to your portable audio player and listen to them as you like.
Let me also say that you can go to the Podcasts blog and listen to the audio by clicking on the file link. You do not have to go through the whole process I have described above.
We will be posting audio of authors reading excerpts from their books. Our first author is John Zagula and he is reading the first chapter from his book The Marketing Playbook. You can check out his reading here.
This is going to start slowly. We will be posting an excerpt every 7 to 14 days.
Check it out and let us know what you think.
About Dylan Schleicher
Dylan Schleicher has been a part of the 800-CEO-READ claque since 2003. Even though he's stayed on at the company, he has not stayed put. After beginning in shipping & receiving, he joined customer service and accounting before moving into his current, highly elliptical orbit of duties overseeing the ChangeThis and In the Books websites, the company's annual review of books and in-house design. He lives with his wife and two children in the Washington Heights neighborhood on Milwaukee's West Side.