November 30, 2009
News & Opinion: Nick Morgan's Ten Reasons for Public Speakers to be Thankful
The day before Thanksgiving, Nick posted a list of Ten Reasons for Public Speakers to be Thankful, which we thought appropriate to repost here... with extra emphasis on reason number five.
10. 2010 already looks to be a better year for conferences than 2009.
9. Pico Pocket Projectors are here.
8. We have a gifted orator in the White House.
7. Flip camcorders are here.
6. Audiences want you to succeed, studies show. Really.
5. 800ceoread is still here.
4. Studies show audiences only remember 10-30 percent of what they hear.
3. Marshall Goldsmith has promised to take all of 2010 off to meditate in an ashram.
2. The Powermat portable wireless recharging mat is here.
1. Tony Robbins has promised to take 2010-11 off to build an ashram out of native woods and natural fabrics and meditate in it on the impermanence of personal achievement.
And, though that ashram sounds really inviting, we're not going anywhere. Thanks Nick!
And thanks to Kate for passing this list on to us. Now, I think it's high time you get back to The Lettuce Farm.
About Dylan Schleicher
Dylan Schleicher has been a part of the 800-CEO-READ claque since 2003. Even though he's stayed on at the company, he has not stayed put. After beginning in shipping & receiving, he joined customer service and accounting before moving into his current, highly elliptical orbit of duties overseeing the ChangeThis and In the Books websites, the company's annual review of books and in-house design. He lives with his wife and two children in the Washington Heights neighborhood on Milwaukee's West Side.