September 26, 2007
News & Opinion: Not related to business books...
If you've been with us for awhile, you may know we're based in Milwaukee. And, our sister company is the independent Harry W. Schwartz Bookshops.
The folks at Schwartz are always bringing in provocative authors for speeches and book signings. This October 12-14 is their annual Readers' Retreat. It's a relaxing weekend spent on Lake Geneva meeting other readers, discovering new books and hearing from a number of authors including:
- Kim Edwards, author of the bestselling novel, The Memory Keeper's Daughter
- Kathleen Flinn, author of The Sharper Your Knife, The Less You Cry, the true story of her pursuit of a life-long dream: to earn a diploma from the famed Le Cordon Bleu cooking school in Paris
- Meg Mullins, author of the novel The Rug Merchant, a story of finding love in New York told through the eyes of an Iranian exile
- Wisconsin author Mary Relindes Ellis whose novel The Turtle Warrior centers on a Wisconsin family caught in battlefields both physical and emotional
- Ron McLarty, author of Traveler.
You can find out more here. And while you're there, check out their other events. They're bringing in Alan Alda, Lake Wobegon's creator, Garrison Keillor, singer Amy Grant, Nick Hornby and more. There's a great line-up and we'd love to see you there.
About Dylan Schleicher
Dylan Schleicher has been a part of the 800-CEO-READ claque since 2003. Even though he's stayed on at the company, he has not stayed put. After beginning in shipping & receiving, he joined customer service and accounting before moving into his current, highly elliptical orbit of duties overseeing the ChangeThis and In the Books websites, the company's annual review of books and in-house design. He lives with his wife and two children in the Washington Heights neighborhood on Milwaukee's West Side.