April 12, 2005
News & Opinion: Paying for College
This is one of those items that has been sitting on my desk for a couple of weeks. A few weeks ago, the topic of the Journal Report in the WSJ was How to Save for College. Don Taylor, an associate professor at The American College, put together a list of books and documents "for helping parents plan for the high cost of higher education."
- "The Best Way to Save for College A Complete Guide to 529 Plans 2005 Edition," By Joseph F. Hurley, CPA 2005
- "Bogle on Mutual Funds" By John C. Bogle, Dell 1994
- "J.K. Lasser's Winning Ways to Save for College," By Barbara Wagner, Wiley 2002
- "The Standard & Poor's Guide to Saving and Investing for College," By David J. Braverman, McGraw-Hill 2003
- "Savings Bonds for Education," on the Bureau of Public Debt's Web site.
- "IRS Publication 970 (2004), Tax Benefits for Education"
- "Just Give Me the Answer$: Expert Advisors Address Your Most Pressing Financial Questions," By Sheryl Garrett, Marie Swift, Dearborn Trade 2004
- The Princeton Review's, "Paying for College Without Going Broke," By Kalman A. Chany with Geoff Martz, Random House 2004
- "The Everything Paying for College Book," By Nathan Brown & Sheryle A. Proper, Adams 2005