November 10, 2004
News & Opinion: Prahalad in Fortune
We've mentioned C.K. Prahalad's The Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid a couple of times. In the Nov. 15th issue of Fortune, he writes the Brainstorm column titled "Why selling to the poor makes for good business." His bullet points are:
- The poor cannot be Wal-Martized
- Poor does not mean irresponsible.
- The poor hunger for technology
- Selling to the poor can inspire price-performance breakthroughs
- The low end is a new source of innovation.
About Dylan Schleicher
Dylan Schleicher has been a part of the 800-CEO-READ claque since 2003. Even though he's stayed on at the company, he has not stayed put. After beginning in shipping & receiving, he joined customer service and accounting before moving into his current, highly elliptical orbit of duties overseeing the ChangeThis and In the Books websites, the company's annual review of books and in-house design. He lives with his wife and two children in the Washington Heights neighborhood on Milwaukee's West Side.