November 10, 2004
News & Opinion: Prahalad in Fortune
We've mentioned C.K. Prahalad's The Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid a couple of times. In the Nov. 15th issue of Fortune, he writes the Brainstorm column titled "Why selling to the poor makes for good business." His bullet points are:
- The poor cannot be Wal-Martized
- Poor does not mean irresponsible.
- The poor hunger for technology
- Selling to the poor can inspire price-performance breakthroughs
- The low end is a new source of innovation.