August 22, 2007
News & Opinion: Reading For Firm Founders
The Small Business Special Section of Monday's Wall Street Journal featured recommended reading from Nitzan Shaer, entrepreneur-in-residence with IDG Ventures in Boston. The focus of his recommendations was to show entrepreneurs where they might look for inspiration to stay focused and preserve.
Here are the books and resources he recommended. Click through on the WSJ link to read Shaer's comments.
- Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela
- The Lessons of History by Will Durant and Ariel Durant
- The Innovator's Dilemma by Clayton Christensen
- Crossing the Chasm by Geoffrey Moore
- The Last Lion: Winston Spencer Churchill: Alone: 1932-1940 by William Manchester
- Shackleton's Way by Margot Morrell and Stephanine Capparell
- Mao's Last Dancer by Li Cunxin
- Apollo 13 (the movie)
- An Inconvenient Truth (the movie and the book)