January 24, 2006
News & Opinion: The 100-Mile Walk Interview
I got a great conversation with Sander and Jonathan Flaum about their new book The 100-Mile Walk: A Father and Son on a Quest to Find The Essence of Leadership. They have what they call their nine P's of leadership (People, Purpose, Passion, Performance, Persistence, Perspective, Paranoia, Principles, Practice) and we talk about a number of them.
What makes the book and this podcast so great is hearing two very different perspectives on what it means to be a leader. We talk about finding meaning, Sandy Koufax, and "how we'll never get it right".
mp3, 40:26, 27.8MB
Sander's Book Picks
- Only The Paranoid Survive by Andy Grove
- Winning by Jack and Suzy Welch
- Execution by Larry Bossidy and Ram Charan
Jonathon's Book Picks
- Sandy Koufax by Jane Leavy
- Man's Search For Meaning by Victor Frankl
- Everyday Zen by Charlotte Joko Beck
- Places That Scare You by Pema Chodron