December 19, 2006
News & Opinion: The 2006 Best of the 800ceoread Blogs
I went back through 593 blogs posts, 34 books excerpts, and 28 author interviews. You know what? We published some really great stuff. Here are the ideas that caught my attention from 2006:
- Charles Fishman/Wal-Mart Effect Interview - I could talk with him for hours.
- Doing Business Globally - HOW Magazine ran a list of books about helping you do business overseas
- Design Books For Novices - DWELL Magazine asked notable designers and architects what books would be good for beginners
- Bo Burlingham/Small Giants Interview - Bo and I went on so long about his book I had to break the interview into three parts
- The Big Picture - Six questions Ram Charan says you should ask to get to The Big Picture
- The Whole New Mind Rap - Fan Wyatt Jackson write a ode to Dan Pink's latest book
- Does This Post Plug John Bogle's New Book? - Tom pokes fun at a Wall Street Journal criticism
- Will Wheaton Likes ChangeThis - He does. Listen to the clip.
- Peter Who? - Proof why people need to read more business classics
- Toddcast #1 - Todd Berman from Harvard Business School Press joins me for a BookExpo round-up
- Future of the Book - Pip Coburn gives his take
- Get Back In The Box - I wrote a five part series on useful nuggets from Doug Rushkoff's book (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5)
- Banker To The Poor Excerpt - The book from this year's Nobel Peace Prize winner
- David Rock/Quiet Leadership Interview - Learn how to have more productive conversations in less time with those who work for you
- Listening To SH** - This is a sentiment that Jack and I identify with
- Mauboussin quoting Dr. Suess - a great way to start a book, using Suess as his hook
- Purpose: A Critical Biography - Short on things to read? Nikos provides thirty pages of bibliography in a very readable essay style.
- Tom's Essential Resources for Writers - This list came out of our Author Pow-wow in November
About Dylan Schleicher
Dylan Schleicher has been a part of the 800-CEO-READ claque since 2003. Even though he's stayed on at the company, he has not stayed put. After beginning in shipping & receiving, he joined customer service and accounting before moving into his current, highly elliptical orbit of duties overseeing the ChangeThis and In the Books websites, the company's annual review of books and in-house design. He lives with his wife and two children in the Washington Heights neighborhood on Milwaukee's West Side.