December 13, 2013
News & Opinion: The 2013 800-CEO-READ Business Book Awards Shortlist: Finance & Economics
Over the course of this week, we will be posting the shortlist selections for our 8 business book categories: General Business, Leadership, Management, Entrepreneurship & Small Business, Marketing & Sales, Personal Development, Innovation & Creativity, Finance & Economics. On Monday, December 16th, we'll announce the 8 category winners! In early January, the overall winner of the 2013 800-CEO-READ Business Book Awards will be awarded, so stay tuned to The Daily Blog for all the good news.
The selections for the Finance & Economics category are:
- The Alchemists: Three Central Bankers and a World on Fire by Neil Irwin, The Penguin Press
- The Battle of Bretton Woods: John Maynard Keynes, Harry Dexter White, and the Making of a New World Order by Benn Steil, Princeton University Press
- The Billionaire’s Apprentice: The Rise of the Indian-American Elite and the Fall of the Galleon Hedge Fund by Anita Raghavan, Business Plus
- Ninety Percent of Everything: Inside Shipping, the Invisible Industry That Puts Clothes on Your Back, Gas in Your Car, and Food on Your Plate by Rose George, Metropolitan Book
- The Physics of Wall Street: A Brief History of Predicting the Unpredictable by James Owen Weatherall, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
About Sally Haldorson
Sally Haldorson's job as 800-CEO-READ’s General Manager is to make 800-CEO-READ a great place to work for our employees, and a consistently high-performing customer service organization for our clients, authors, and our partners in the publishing industry. In addition to her General Manager duties ensuring collaboration, integration, and quality, she reads, writes, reviews, curates, and edits for the company. Helping craft The 100 Best Business Books of All Time used parts of both skill sets. Outside of work, she is most likely to be found hitting a tennis ball around or hanging out with her boys (husband, child, dog) at home.