April 11, 2005
News & Opinion: The Rundown on Winning
With this being the opening weekend for Winning, much has been written.
The consensus seems to be "Yeah, it's worth reading."
- BusinessWeek - Welch Has More to Say. Really.
- Fortune - Jack Welch: 'It's All In the Sauce" (Book Excerpt, sub. needed)
- Newsweek - Jack on Jack: His Next Chapter
- Newsweek - How To Be A Good Leader (Book Excerpt)
- Newsweek - Q&A between Welch and NEWSWEEK's Daniel McGinn
- Newsweek - Jack Welch on Hiring, Inspiring
- Newsweek - Jack Welch on Work and Family
Let me also point you to the audio excerpt on the Podcasts blog. The excerpt is about Six Sigma.
About Dylan Schleicher
Dylan Schleicher has been a part of the 800-CEO-READ claque since 2003. Even though he's stayed on at the company, he has not stayed put. After beginning in shipping & receiving, he joined customer service and accounting before moving into his current, highly elliptical orbit of duties overseeing the ChangeThis and In the Books websites, the company's annual review of books and in-house design. He lives with his wife and two children in the Washington Heights neighborhood on Milwaukee's West Side.