September 14, 2012
News & Opinion: The Shortlist for the 2012 FT/Goldman Sachs Business Book Award
- Why Nations Fail: The Origins of Power, Prosperity and Poverty by Daron Acemoglu & James A. Robinson, Crown BusinessBooks)
- The Hour Between Dog and Wolf: Risk-taking, Gut Feelings and the Biology of Boom and Bust by John Coates, The Penguin Press
- Private Empire: ExxonMobil and American Power by Steve Coll, The Penguin Press
- Steve Jobs: The Exclusive Biography by Walter Isaacson, Simon & Schuster
- What Money Can't Buy: The Moral Limits Of Markets by Michael J. Sandel, Farrar, Straus and Giroux
- Volcker: The Triumph of Persistence by William L. Silber, Bloomsbury Press
The overall winner will be announced on November 1 at a dinner in New York City. We'll let you know what book takes home the prize here the morning after.
About Dylan Schleicher
Dylan Schleicher has been a part of the 800-CEO-READ claque since 2003. Even though he's stayed on at the company, he has not stayed put. After beginning in shipping & receiving, he joined customer service and accounting before moving into his current, highly elliptical orbit of duties overseeing the ChangeThis and In the Books websites, the company's annual review of books and in-house design. He lives with his wife and two children in the Washington Heights neighborhood on Milwaukee's West Side.