June 19, 2007
News & Opinion: These are a few of our favorite things
In no particular order, here are our Ten Favorite Things about Milwaukee:
- The Lakefront and Lake Michigan
- Theaters: Pabst Theatre, Theater X, Oriental Theatre
- Festivals and Concerts: Summer Fest, Irish Fest, Bastille Days, Festa Italiana, Pride Fest...you name it, we've got a festival for it.
- The Milwaukee Public Market (Third Ward) and neighborhood Farmers' Markets
- Independents: Alterra Coffee, Schwartz Bookshops, Anondyne Coffee, Bulls Eye Records
- Milwaukee Parks
- Restaurants and Bars: Palm Tavern, Riviera Maya, Crawdaddy's Cajun Restaurant, Pizza Man, Paddy's
- Neighborhoods (and affordable living): East Side, Bay View, Riverwest, Downtown, Third Ward, Brewer's Hill
- Miller Park Stadium and baseball and beer
- Milwaukee Art Museum
Winter sunset on Milwaukee's East Side
About Dylan Schleicher
Dylan Schleicher has been a part of the 800-CEO-READ claque since 2003. Even though he's stayed on at the company, he has not stayed put. After beginning in shipping & receiving, he joined customer service and accounting before moving into his current, highly elliptical orbit of duties overseeing the ChangeThis and In the Books websites, the company's annual review of books and in-house design. He lives with his wife and two children in the Washington Heights neighborhood on Milwaukee's West Side.