May 14, 2004
News & Opinion: Three Authors Recommend Small Biz Books
- Guy Kawasaki, managing director of Garage.com
- Uncommon Genius: How Great Ideas Are Born by Denise G. Shekerjian (Viking Press, 1990)
- The Effective Executive by Peter Drucker (HarperBusiness, 1987 - revised 2002)
- My Years with General Motors by Alfred Sloan (Bantam Dell, 1964 - reissued 1996)
- The Innovator's Solution by Clayton M. Christensen (Harvard Business School Press, 2003).
- Seth Godin, need I say more?
- The Republic of Tea by Mel and Patricia Ziegler (Currency, 1994- out of print)
- The Pursuit of Wow! by Tom Peters (Vintage, 1994)
- The Art of Possibility by Rosamund Stone Zander and Benjamin Zander (Penguin USA, 2002)
- Creating Customer Evangelists: How Loyal Customers Become a Volunteer Sales Force by Ben McConnell and Jackie Huba (Dearborn Trade Publishing, 2002)
- Harriet Rubin, author of Soloing and former business book editor
About Dylan Schleicher
Dylan Schleicher has been a part of the 800-CEO-READ claque since 2003. Even though he's stayed on at the company, he has not stayed put. After beginning in shipping & receiving, he joined customer service and accounting before moving into his current, highly elliptical orbit of duties overseeing the ChangeThis and In the Books websites, the company's annual review of books and in-house design. He lives with his wife and two children in the Washington Heights neighborhood on Milwaukee's West Side.