January 29, 2007
News & Opinion: Time to re-position?
Early-warning signals that the positioning of your business may need to take advantage of emerging opportunities:
- Nascent industries emerge.
- Nontraditional competitors start to appear.
- The positioning of a key competitor changes.
- The rise of new customers.
- Consumption patterns are being influenced by affordable new offerings from new technologies (think iPod).
- Customers are defecting.
- Loss of market share in select key segments.
- Emergence of new business models and new management models.
- Pressure on profit margins.
- Unexpected decline in cash flow from operations.
- Decline in customer satisfaction.
About Dylan Schleicher
Dylan Schleicher has been a part of the 800-CEO-READ claque since 2003. Even though he's stayed on at the company, he has not stayed put. After beginning in shipping & receiving, he joined customer service and accounting before moving into his current, highly elliptical orbit of duties overseeing the ChangeThis and In the Books websites, the company's annual review of books and in-house design. He lives with his wife and two children in the Washington Heights neighborhood on Milwaukee's West Side.