December 31, 2008
Staff Picks: On this last day of 2008, here's the best of 2008.
- The Game Changer by A. G. Lafley and Ram Charan
- A Sense of Urgency by John Kotter
- The Back of the Napkin by Dan Roam
- The Adventures of Johnny Bunko by Dan Pink, the first manga business book. You'll see more manga next year.
- Tribes by Seth Godin
- Art Kleiner's The Age of Heretics, a new edition and a complete history of business thinkers.
- Buying In by Rob Walker.
- Crowdsourcing (I interviewed Jeff earlier this year.)
- The Snowball on Warren Buffett's life.
About Dylan Schleicher
Dylan Schleicher has been a part of the 800-CEO-READ claque since 2003. Even though he's stayed on at the company, he has not stayed put. After beginning in shipping & receiving, he joined customer service and accounting before moving into his current, highly elliptical orbit of duties overseeing the ChangeThis and In the Books websites, the company's annual review of books and in-house design. He lives with his wife and two children in the Washington Heights neighborhood on Milwaukee's West Side.