December 31, 2008
Staff Picks: On this last day of 2008, here's the best of 2008.
With the end of the year comes reflection on the highs and lows. This week three more rankings of the best of business books were published. The lists of Gary H. Rawlins from USA Today, Richard Pachter from the Miami Herald, and the readers of ASTD. From these three lists and the lists of days past (Todd's picks, our awards, Roxanne J. Coady's and Business Pundit's), these are the reigning and often appearing good reads of the business book section from 2008.
- The Game Changer by A. G. Lafley and Ram Charan
- A Sense of Urgency by John Kotter
- The Back of the Napkin by Dan Roam
- The Adventures of Johnny Bunko by Dan Pink, the first manga business book. You'll see more manga next year.
- Tribes by Seth Godin
- Art Kleiner's The Age of Heretics, a new edition and a complete history of business thinkers.
- Buying In by Rob Walker.
- Crowdsourcing (I interviewed Jeff earlier this year.)
- The Snowball on Warren Buffett's life.