December 30, 2010
Bestsellers: The Bestsellers of 2010
This year saw a big development in our monthly bestseller lists, as Inc. magazine decided to partner with us to spread the word about what books businesspeople are purchasing for themselves and their teams. Thus was born the Inc./800-CEO-READ Business Book Bestseller List.
We've recently compiled the numbers for the entire year, giving weight to both total sales numbers and how long each book stayed on the list (and at what number), and we are now pleased to present
the bestsellers of 2010.
- Strengths Finder 2.0 by Tom Rath; Gallup Press
- The Go-Giver: A Little Story about a Powerful Business Idea by Bob Burg, John David Mann ; Portfolio
- Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard By Chip Heath, Dan Heath, Broadway
- Love Leadership: The New Way to Lead in a Fear-Based World by John Hope Bryant; Jossey-Bass
- Return of the Gold: The Journey of Jerry Colangelo and the Redeem Team by Dan Bickley; Morgan James Publishing
- Doing Both: How Cisco Captures Today's Profit and Drives Tomorrow's Growth By Inder Sidhu , FT Press
- Rich Dad's Conspiracy of the Rich: The 8 New Rules of Money by Robert T Kiyosaki; Business Plus
- Accelerating Out of the Great Recession: How to Win in a Slow-Growth Economy by David Rhodes, Daniel Stelter; McGraw-Hill
- Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? by Seth Godin; Portfolio
- What Got You Here Won't Get You There: How Successful People Become Even More Successful by Marshall Goldsmith, Mark Reiter; Hyperion
- How Companies Win: Profiting from Demand-Driven Business Models No Matter What Business You're In by Rick Kash, David Calhoun ; HarperBusiness
- Keep Swinging: An Entrepreneur's Story of Overcoming Adversity & Achieving Small Business Success by Jay Myers, Darren Dahl; Morgan James Publishing
- Six Pixels of Separation: Everyone Is Connected. Connect Your Business to Everyone by Mitch Joel, Business Plus
- Rich Dad's Prophecy: Why the Biggest Stock Market Crash in History Is Still Coming... and How You Can Prepare Yourself and Profit from It! by Robert T Kiyosaki, Sharon L Lechter; Business Plus
- Mojo: How to Get It, How to Keep It, How to Get It Back If You Lose It by Marshall Goldsmith; Hyperion
- The M-Factor: How the Millennial Generation Is Rocking the Workplace by Lynn Lancaster, David Stillman; HarperBusiness
- Employees First, Customers Second: Turning Conventional Management Upside Down by Vineet Nayar, Harvard Business Press
- The Medici Effect: Breakthrough Insights at the Intersection of Ideas, Concepts, and Cultures by Frans Johansson; Harvard Business Press
- Different: Escaping the Competitive Herd by Youngme Moon; Crown
- Empowered: Unleash Your Employees, Energize Your Customers, and Transform Your Business by Josh Bernoff, Ted Schadler; Harvard Business Press
- The End of the Free Market: Who Wins the War Between States and Corporations? by Ian Bremmer; Portfolio
- Spend Shift: How the Post-Crisis Values Revolution Is Changing the Way We Buy, Sell, and Live By John Gerzema, Michael D'Antonio; Jossey-Bass
- Crush It!: Why Now Is the Time to Cash in on Your Passion by Gary Vaynerchuck; Harper Studio
- The Mirror Test: Is Your Business Really Breathing? by Jeffrey W Hayzlett, Jim Eber; Business Plus
- Inside Every Woman: Using the 10 Strengths You Didn't Know You Had to Get the Career and Life You Want Now by Vickie Milazzo; John Wiley & Sons
To follow what books the business world is digesting every month, subscribe to the RSS feed for The Business Book Bestseller List.
About Dylan Schleicher
Dylan Schleicher has been a part of the 800-CEO-READ claque since 2003. Even though he's stayed on at the company, he has not stayed put. After beginning in shipping & receiving, he joined customer service and accounting before moving into his current, highly elliptical orbit of duties overseeing the ChangeThis and In the Books websites, the company's annual review of books and in-house design. He lives with his wife and two children in the Washington Heights neighborhood on Milwaukee's West Side.