Book Giveaway: The 2017 800-CEO-READ Business Book Award Shortlost
This week, we are giving away the eight book on our 2017 shortlist.
There is an existential question at the heart of each of the books on our shortlist this year. They include inquiries into our obsession with competition and economic growth, examinations of what we might be sacrificing in the pursuit of technological progress and corporate profits, and expositions on the underlying nature and process of innovation, invention, and entrepreneurship. Each, in the end, is also an affirmation of our humanity, and a reminder that we must bring our full, authentic selves to work to build businesses and economies that serve people.
The books on the shortlist for this year's 800-CEO-READ Business Book of the Year Award are:
- Blue Ocean Shift: Beyond Competing - Proven Steps to Inspire Confidence and Seize New Growth by W. Chan Kim & Renée Mauborgne, Hachette Books (Leadership & Strategy)
- Doughnut Economics: Seven Ways to Think Like a 21st-Century Economist by Kate Raworth, Chelsea Green Publishing (Current Events & Public Affairs)
- Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow by Yuval Noah Harari, Harper (Big Ideas & New Perspectives)
- Janesville: An American Story by Amy Goldstein, Simon & Schuster (Narrative & Biography)
- The One Device: The Secret History of the iPhone by Brian Merchant; Little, Brown and Company (Innovation & Creativity)
- The Startup Way: How Modern Companies Use Entrepreneurial Management to Transform Culture and Drive Long-Term Growth by Eric Ries, Currency (Management & Workplace Culture)
- UnBranding: 100 Branding Lessons for the Age of Disruption by Scott Stratten & Alison Stratten, Wiley (Marketing & Sales)
- Weird in a World That's Not: A Career Guide for Misfits, F*ckups, and Failures by Jennifer Romolini, Harper Business (Personal Development & Human Behavior)
We will announce this year's overall winner of the 800-CEO-READ Business Book of the Year at our annual awards ceremony and business book industry celebration in New York City on Thursday, January 18th. Follow along here or subscribe to our weekly newsletter, The Keen Thinker, for updates.
This book giveaway has ended. We are no longer accepting entries.
View previous book giveaway titles