October 19, 2007
News & Opinion: Booklist's Business Top 10 for 2007
It has begun.
In a matter of weeks, we will start seeing a stream of "best of" lists. We'll report them as we see them and make a few of our own.
Booklist, a publication of the American Library Association, is the first out of the gate. As you read down through the list, understand The Business Top 10 is meant to act as a guide for what librarians should add to their permanent collections.
- Big-Box Swindle: The True Cost of Mega-Retailers and the Fight for America's Independent Businesses. By Stacy Mitchell
- Boeing versus Airbus: The Inside Story of the Greatest International Competition in Business. By John Newhouse.
- Deep Economy: The Wealth of Communities and the Durable Future. By Bill McKibben.
- Google and the Myth of Universal Knowledge. By Jean-Noel Jeanneney.
- How Starbucks Saved My Life: A Son of Privilege Learns to Live like Everyone Else. By Michael Gates Gill.
- Maxed Out: Hard Times, Easy Credit, and the Era of Predatory Lenders. By James D. Scurlock.
- Mellon: An American Life. By David Cannadine.
- On the Wealth of Nations. By P. J. O'Rourke.
- Supercapitalism: The Transformation of Business. By Robert B. Reich.
- Where Have All the Leaders Gone? By Lee Iacocca and Catherine Whitney.